You could wash your flooring with water only or using a soup for wooden flooring. Such soups are sold in the supermarkets.
Scratches or other damages could be repaired after sanding the whole room. After sanding, You could apply oil or varnish.
Usually we install the oak flooring over smooth cement concrete. In some cases, due to circumstances /not suitable level, etc/ or because of client’s insist, we install the flooring over OSB, cork or plywood. Sometimes is necessary to build a subfloor from metal or wooden beams. We place isolation between beams and OSB or plywood over.
The flooring installation has to be done after all wet and dirty processes are completed – tales or stone installation, patting and painting ceilings and walls. The interior doors are installed after the flooring, but before the skirting boards.
The client has to provide the following conditions for starting the installation:
- Strong, smooth and enough dry concrete. The quality of the concrete is checked and accepted by the installation team and the remarks are written in a protocol if any;
- Normal air humidity /40 – 60o/;
- The flooring is kept inside the rooms 7-10 days before installation /it is important especially in winter time/;
- During the installation the temperature is to be over than 5ºC
It is recommended to cover the flooring during all further work as furniture installation in order to prevent scratches or order mechanical damages.
Price list for installation
||Quantity per m2
|2-component polyurethane primer
||150 – 200 g
|2-component polyurethane glue for big size solid flooring
||1,5 – 2 kg
|Work for laying and gluing
|Skirting boards installation
Forest Trade offers 24 months guarantee period for the flooring, finish and the installation. It is well-known that after 1 year there is no reason for shrinking or distention of the wood.
The guarantee is not valid for the following
а/ Defects due to unacceptable conditions in the rooms namely:
- Inappropriate air temperature – outside the range 5-30ºС;
- inappropriate relative humidity – outside the range 40 – 60%;
- fast temperature change in the room;
- Uninhabited rooms without ventilation for long period of time;
b/ Defects due to incorrect use of the flooring as:
- Covering the flooring with nylon for long period of time because of participation other works including wet and dirty operations
- When the damages are caused by abrasive materials /salt, sand, glass, etc./, dropped things, furniture moved incorrectly or other use different than the normal one.
- Damages caused by floods, earthquakes or other force-major circumstances.
In case of problem with the flooring including at client’s fault, we recommend to connect with our office in order to prevent bigger damage.
How to order
Before placing an order for oak flooring You need to:
- Choose the width of the flooring;
- Choose the quality;
- Choose the finish and color;
- To calculate the quantity needed including 5% exta for the flooring and 10% extra for the skirting boards;
- Conclude a contract;